Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by 许立剑 <xu...@qiyi.com> on 2013/09/02 04:04:50 UTC

Frameworks with different priorities

Hi all,

We are trying to use Mesos to manage different frameworks, which have
different priorities. Say, framework B should only get resource offers
when framework A is free.

Is there any exsiting mechanism that helps implement this? What is the
current framework-level scheduler like?

Thanks,
Iven

Re: Frameworks with different priorities

Posted by 许立剑 <xu...@qiyi.com>.
Thanks for your reply. It seem that the flag is not supported by Mesos
0.12.0. I'll dig into it later.

于 2013年09月04日 01:29, Benjamin Hindman 写道:

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Iven,

Posted by 许立剑 <xu...@qiyi.com>.
When we design the framework to fit our exsiting projects, we have two
models:

1. Framework receive tasks sent from the task queue, save them in a
buffer, and wait for resource offers. So it depends on if the buffer is
free.

2. Framework fetch tasks from the queue when resourceOffer callback is
called. If no task got for a period, it's free.

Currently neither could be known by mesos core, so possible way may be
offer more resources to the frameworks that have more weight?

于 2013年09月02日 11:06, Paco Nathan 写道:

Posted by Paco Nathan <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 许立剑 <xu...@qiyi.com>.
Hi Paco,