Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2013/05/15 21:20:50 UTC

how to troubleshoot this bug

Folks,

I attempted to upgrade to the framework I been using latest and greatest... to try and overcome some bugs that I havent resolved. Thinking it is a stale code drift runtime error...

So I replenished a fresh local repo
upgraded to latest and greatest framework

and when I run my webapp I get this crash report

Does anyone know how one would attempt to troubleshoot this ?

The webapp bootstraps fine... all I am trying to do is goto my login.tml

http://localhost:8080/pphl/login

it doesnt seem to be using any grid though

this stack trace isnt making any sense to me

Thanks for any assist
my users want to go live but I am kinda stuck

An unexpected application exception has occurred.org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationExceptionEmbedded
 component(s) grid are defined within component class
org.tynamo.examples.pphl.pages.collections.ListC (or a super-class of
ListC), but are not present in the component template (null).traceConstructing instance of page class org.tynamo.examples.pphl.pages.collections.ListCCreating ComponentAssembler for org.tynamo.examples.pphl.pages.collections.ListCjava.lang.RuntimeExceptionEmbedded
 component(s) grid are defined within component class
org.tynamo.examples.pphl.pages.collections.ListC (or a super-class of
ListC), but are not present in the component template (null).Filter stack frames
Stack trace

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.ComponentAssemblerImpl.validateEmbeddedIds(ComponentAssemblerImpl.java:267)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.createTokenStream(PageLoaderImpl.java:325)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.programAssembler(PageLoaderImpl.java:252)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.access$1000(PageLoaderImpl.java:67)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl$4.invoke(PageLoaderImpl.java:239)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl$4.invoke(PageLoaderImpl.java:222)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.createAssembler(PageLoaderImpl.java:221)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.getAssembler(PageLoaderImpl.java:211)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl$3.invoke(PageLoaderImpl.java:183)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl$3.invoke(PageLoaderImpl.java:178)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.loadPage(PageLoaderImpl.java:177)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageSourceImpl.getPage(PageSourceImpl.java:104)

org.tynamo.routing.services.AnnotatedPagesManagerImpl.eagerLoadPages(AnnotatedPagesManagerImpl.java:75)

org.tynamo.routing.services.AnnotatedPagesManagerImpl.getRoutes(AnnotatedPagesManagerImpl.java:108)

org.tynamo.routing.services.RouteSourceImpl.decodePageRenderRequest(RouteSourceImpl.java:31)

org.tynamo.routing.services.RouterLinkTransformer.decodePageRenderRequest(RouterLinkTransformer.java:52)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.linktransform.LinkTransformerImpl.decodePageRenderRequest(LinkTransformerImpl.java:57)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.linktransform.LinkTransformerInterceptor.decodePageRenderRequest(LinkTransformerInterceptor.java:65)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageRenderDispatcher.dispatch(PageRenderDispatcher.java:41)

org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$RequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:302)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(RequestErrorFilter.java:26)

org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:902)

org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.java:892)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:90)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:105)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:95)

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead(ConcurrentBarrier.java:85)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:119)

org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:253)

org.got5.tapestry5.jquery.services.AjaxUploadServletRequestFilter.service(AjaxUploadServletRequestFilter.java:26)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.gzip.GZipFilter.service(GZipFilter.java:53)

org.apache.tapestry5.upload.internal.services.MultipartServletRequestFilter.service(MultipartServletRequestFilter.java:44)

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(IgnoredPathsFilter.java:62)

org.tynamo.security.services.impl.SecurityConfiguration$1.call(SecurityConfiguration.java:56)

org.tynamo.security.services.impl.SecurityConfiguration$1.call(SecurityConfiguration.java:54)

org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90)

org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83)

org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:380)

org.tynamo.security.services.impl.SecurityConfiguration.service(SecurityConfiguration.java:54)

org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$1.service(TapestryModule.java:852)

org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:171)

Re: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 15 May 2013 18:49:56 -0300, Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Thiago... my head is kinda spinnin...
>
> I been building and running and limping... you have seen some of the
> bugs I get.

Have you talked to the Tynamo guys about it? I'm not sure the problem is
in Tapestry or in Tynamo in this case.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

RE: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
For this stack trace...

it is likely build mania...repo corruption..and unstable source

so I am backing down to try and find something I can work with.

- cheers

Thanks

RE: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
There is no talking. If I create a jira I am met with contempt. And they got some dig about me in the past being a committer...hastily checking in code potentially running away with parts of the effort so they cannibalized me. But please dont think i am being bitter. I could care less. I am just not impressed with the standard.

All I am trying to do is get an opportunity to say they are the best developers on the planet operating the best code base in the universe... thanks to chris nelson... american made. I havent been able to get that opportunity. I have about 150 users waiting to go live too.

Things havent changed. Its not ready for commercial use. If dimitri asks for something its handed to him on a silver platter. I get guillotined and fed to the dogs.

But like I said all I am looking for is something that works. And they havent met that standard yet.

The code base is in shambles. Head rev never built or worked for 9 months and I been limping on a snapshot of January 1 checkout.

It seems like me an dimitri and a handful of a few others... cardaddy... liftyourgame... or a couple mumbo jumbo out of your home web hacks are using it. If I ever went commercial depending on that code base the way its kept I could probably be committed to an asylum.

But the opportunity is there to shine anytime they want to. And I am always eager to give credit where its due.

I feel bad for the folks who look at it, try it.. and then kick it back. If Chris Nelson were operating this code base then I believe it would be like the MIT days with x-windows... when you could get a $100 per hour contract and set foot in the door of a large corp and reliably deliver.

Is it just a toy? I like the code base alot (its like the terminator of code bases) and its got huge potential to allow developers to focus purely on business logic.

All I would like is for it to work.

So I am testing out snapshots of the code base backing down to something that might build or run. trial and error.

Or I may go back to the January 1 code base and limp along.

still hoping for the best

RE: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
Do this look like normal build feedback?

c:\Prototype\Mavenized\Product\tynamo\trunk\codehaus-unity-skin>call mvn clean  install -Dmaven.test.skip=true -DdownloadJavadocs=true -DdownloadSources=true   2>&1  | te
e ..\build-codehaus-unity-skin.log
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/tynamo/tynamo-parent/0.0.2/tynamo-parent-0.0.2.pom
[WARNING] Checksum validation failed, expected f916504deab128ccecaa122fbf6385e3568b6240 but is 1350df16d0f1d79b61257947d1c5ffe6561e44f6 for http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
org/tynamo/tynamo-parent/0.0.2/tynamo-parent-0.0.2.pom
[WARNING] Checksum validation failed, expected f916504deab128ccecaa122fbf6385e3568b6240 but is 1350df16d0f1d79b61257947d1c5ffe6561e44f6 for http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
org/tynamo/tynamo-parent/0.0.2/tynamo-parent-0.0.2.pom
Downloaded: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/tynamo/tynamo-parent/0.0.2/tynamo-parent-0.0.2.pom (11 KB at 52.4 KB/sec)
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.tynamo:codehaus-unity-skin:jar:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT

RE: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
Ok I am going to try and keep the code base and build against rev's that my framework providers are currently released and buolding against.

thats why I asked this question... because my wife said... 'why dont you fix it yourself'... and seeing I ate and breathed HibernateDescriptorDecorator.JAVA morning noon and night for many years... i actually patched it in my dreams and souped it up way beyond spec.

So i would like to try and fix it myself and beat the committers to the punch.

How would you approach this stack trace... ? build issue?

I am building against 5.3.7 tapestry (and no offense to the tap folks, I feel tapestry is beyond ripe now).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

RE: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
Its 5.3.7

I am backing down my code base to released versions and see what that buys me.
previous bugs.

Maybe this one will come back when I get new checkins?
right now I am in a holding pattern.

ciao

RE: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
Thanks Thiago... my head is kinda spinnin...

I been building and running and limping... you have seen some of the bugs I get.

I can't get a position on the code base framework I am building off of. The head rev is unstable. There are outstanding bugs and issues... internal ones preventing fundamental functioning. And when I try to instrument that code base myself locally on my machine, its like the two dozen projects that make up the framework are wired into multiple revisions of the same thing... like tapestry...hibernate...

I try to declare a property variable and build with tapestry-5.3.6 or 5.3.7... and the build still fails. I try to declare a property to build with hibernate-4.3.0-Final... and that produces even more maven dependency problems. I cant get a head rev build because thats broke and unstable.

And when bugs like this come up... its like staring into dark matter out in space.

Open source has never been like it was years back when we worked for DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION and counted on MIT code to build our manufacturing departments and process control departments off of.

Nothing works. If it does work... it isnt good enough to go live. And if you wait... it dont get fixed... and if you complain... you get nothing.

open sources was bullet proof decades ago.

but what would I know... I am just a java guy

Re: how to troubleshoot this bug

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 15 May 2013 16:20:50 -0300, Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>
wrote:

> Folks,

Hi!

> I attempted to upgrade to the framework I been using latest and
> greatest...

5.3.7 or 5.4?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo