Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by SuperUnknown <kn...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/14 14:21:10 UTC

Scale supported

What is the scale (as in number of subscribers) supported/tested on activemq?
I am looking at implementing activemq for about 2000 machines as
subscribers.

Re: Scale supported

Posted by Torsten Mielke <tm...@redhat.com>.
We have certainly seen other clients having 2000+ clients into one broker. That is possible.

You need to tune your broker accordingly (JVM heap, threading, broker systemUsage) and I recommend using the nio transport connector in your broker configuration.

There is an ActiveMQ broker tuning guide available at Red Hat using this link
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Fuse_MQ_Enterprise/7.1/html/Tuning_Guide/files/front.html

It may provide some useful tuning tips.

Torsten Mielke
tmielke@redhat.com