Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Zhou Yifu <ef...@outlook.com> on 2022/08/03 03:42:08 UTC

[IOTDB-4030] Simplify Privilege Operations SQL

Hi all,

Currently, we have a plenty of privilege operations sql which are unfriendly for users. So I try to simplify these privileges operations sql because some of them are redundant and confusing.

Combine 'LIST ROLE PRIVILEGES <roleName>' and 'LIST PRIVILEGES ROLE <roleName> on <paths>' to 'LIST PRIVILEGES ROLE <roleName> (on <paths>)?

Combine 'LIST USER PRIVILEGES <userName>' and 'LIST PRIVILEGES USER <userName> on <paths>' to 'LIST PRIVILEGES USER <userName> (on <paths>)?

Combine 'LIST USER' and 'LIST ALL USER OF ROLE <roleName>' to 'LIST USER (OF ROLE <roleName>)?

Combine 'LIST ROLE' and 'LIST ALL ROLE OF USER <userName>' to 'LIST ROLE (OF USER <userName>)?

Feel free to discuss here, thanks a lot!

Regards,
Yifu Zhou

从 Windows 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>发送

Re: [IOTDB-4030] Simplify Privilege Operations SQL

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
Looks good.

Jialin Qiao

Posted by Zhou Yifu <ef...@outlook.com>.
Yes, the result set does not have any difference after the change. Just modify the upper level of syntax parsing that can adapt both pervious sql.

Yifu Zhou

获取 Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
发送时间: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 12:12:46 PM
收件人: dev@iotdb.apache.org <de...@iotdb.apache.org>
主题: 回复: [IOTDB-4030] Simplify Privilege Operations SQL

I support the change. It seems a lot less "confusing".
But can you list the result set of the statement before and after the change?

回复: [IOTDB-4030] Simplify Privilege Operations SQL

Posted by 冯 庆新 <qi...@hotmail.com>.