Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Reinhard Nägele <re...@mgm-tp.com> on 2009/11/04 10:45:30 UTC

Fix for MRELEASE-415?

Hello,

Is there a chance that MRELEASE-415
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-415) gets fixed any time soon?
I provided a patch for the issue quite some time ago.

Thanks,
Reinhard

Re: Fix for MRELEASE-415?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
You simply have to realize that your priorities are not our priorities
and though you have a patch we might all be busy which is generally
the case.

There are patches available for lots of things, it's still very time
consuming to test and I don't see any tests associated with that patch
which is one thing that immediately makes me stop looking. I can't
speak for the other committers but I consider a patch without tests a
halfway complete thing. We know that it's hard to make tests for
things like the release plugin, which is why no one has touched the
patch. It's not just a simple matter of applying your patch and hoping
for the best regardless of how simple it may appear.

On 2009-11-09, at 8:50 AM, Reinhard Nägele wrote:

> I really wonder why none of the committers at least comments on this
> issue. There is even a patch available. Could this please get some
> attention?
>
> Thanks,
> Reinhard
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a chance that MRELEASE-415 (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-415
>> ) gets fixed any time soon? I provided a patch for the issue quite
>> some time ago.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Reinhard

Jason