Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Alex Nelson <an...@ansoftcomputing.com> on 2003/05/08 01:56:58 UTC

Hardcoded install directory.

One of the problems I am running into is having to hardcode the install
directory into the build.properties file. I understand that it is used
for configuration (ie logging) but shouldn't that be a relative path?

--
Alex Nelson
ANSoft Computing

Re: Hardcoded install directory.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Alex Nelson wrote:
>>
>>> One of the problems I am running into is having to hardcode the install
>>> directory into the build.properties file. I understand that it is used
>>> for configuration (ie logging) but shouldn't that be a relative path?
>>>

>> Do you mean
>>
>> install.dir=../../build/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.21-LE-jdk14/webapps/lenya
>

> At the moment, the problem is that the entity resolver is configured
> using this path. When we allow both absolute and relative paths,
> we must ensure that the path is substituted correctly. Does anyone
> know how to achieve this?

Well, actually Ant is resolving these paths. It shouldn't matter if you
specify absolute or relative paths. It works under Linux ;-)

Thanks

Michael

> Andreas

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: Hardcoded install directory.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Alex Nelson wrote:

>One of the problems I am running into is having to hardcode the install
>directory into the build.properties file. I understand that it is used
>for configuration (ie logging) but shouldn't that be a relative path?

Do you mean

install.dir=../../build/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.21-LE-jdk14/webapps/lenya

?

Thanks

Michael