Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by "K.Misha" <mi...@4k.com.ua> on 2013/09/26 12:11:23 UTC

*.docx

I distribute OpenOffice in Ukraine. A lot of people ask me if OpenOffice
will be working with *.docx extension.

Will be?

Re: *.docx

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 09/26/2013 06:11 AM, K.Misha wrote:
> I distribute OpenOffice in Ukraine. A lot of people ask me if OpenOffice
> will be working with *.docx extension.
>
> Will be?

I had expected docx writing in AOO on this next release based on
comments shortly after 4.0.0 was released, but I have not seen the
ability to write a docx file on the feature list yet. If they need to
write docx, they might want to try LibreOffice, which currently supports
reading and writing. Current versions of AOO does support reading docx
files.

Correct me if I am wrong please (I require docx writing capabilities).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php