Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tim Macrina <ti...@quickmortgageloan.com> on 2005/05/27 03:17:33 UTC

spamassassin --lint

If I run spamassassin --lint I get the following messages. Can anyone tell me what they mean and how to fix them? Thank you

config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skiping: detailed_phrase_score 1
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skiping: spam_level_stars 1
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skiping: defang_mime 1

Re: spamassassin --lint

Posted by guenther <gu...@rudersport.de>.
> looked in every user_prefs file on my system and I could find any
> reference to those lines.

If you're running 'spamassassin --lint' as root, I guess you should look
in /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs as well.

The user_prefs ONLY are evaluated of the user running spamassassin. No
need to look in any other users files...

...guenther

Re: spamassassin --lint

Posted by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.
On Thu, 26 May 2005, Tim Macrina wrote:

> Hi Matt,
> looked in every user_prefs file on my system and I could find any
> reference to those lines.
>
> On 5/26/05, Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com> wrote:
> > Tim Macrina wrote:
> > > THis may be a dumb question but were can I find those lines? I looked
> > > in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and I can't locate those entires.
> >
> > Try ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Tim,
try the command:
  spamassassin --lint -D

(toss on the debug option). It will print out a whole bunch of
stuff, but somewhere in there it should tell you exactly which
directories it's taking config files from. For example, the relevant
snippet of output from my system looks like:

[snip..]
debug: PATH included '/sbin', keeping.
debug: Final PATH set to: /usr/sbin:/opt/softbench/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/sbin
debug: ignore: using a test message to lint rules
debug: using "/usr/local/opt/perl-5.6.1/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/home/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/home/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs file
debug: bayes: 25382 tie-ing to DB file R/O /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes_toks
[snip..]

Now take each of those 'using "/bla/bla" for ha dir' lines and search in
there for your offending stuff.

for example, to find out where the rule "NO_REAL_NAME" came from, I could
do:

grep NO_REAL_NAME /usr/local/opt/perl-5.6.1/share/spamassassin/*.cf
grep NO_REAL_NAME /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
grep NO_REAL_NAME /home/root/.spamassassin/*.cf
grep NO_REAL_NAME /home/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs

and in one of those places I'll be sure to find that rule.
Note that a particular rule or config command can exist in more
than one place. In that case, the last one that SA loads overrules
the earlier ones.

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Re: spamassassin --lint