Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com> on 2016/06/07 20:25:04 UTC

Kudu installation

I am installing apache kudu to try it out.

The installation instructions state the following:

Apache Kudu has tight integration with Apache Impala (incubating), allowing
you to use Impala to insert, query, update, and delete data from Kudu
tablets using Impala's SQL syntax, as an alternative to using the Kudu APIs
to build a custom Kudu application. In addition, you can use JDBC or ODBC
to connect existing or new applications written in any language, framework,
or business intelligence tool to your Kudu data, using Impala as the broker.

This integration relies on features that released versions of Impala do not
have yet, as of Impala 2.3, which is expected to ship in CDH 5.5. In the
interim, you need to install a fork of Impala, which this document will
refer to as *Impala_Kudu*.

I have CDH 5.7 installed, does it contain the necessary changes for Impala
or do I still need to download impala-kudu.

Also, do you have any example on how to use c++ api?

   Thanks

    Roberta

RE: Kudu installation

Posted by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks that worked.

When I read the documentation, I got the impression that the URL was
required.   The documentation just stated: the list of Kudu masters Impala
should communicate with.

  Roberta

Posted by Dan Burkert <da...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Kudu installation

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roberta

Re: Kudu installation

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> I copied it from the installation guide:
>
> create TABLE my_first_table
> (
> id BIGINT,
> name STRING
> )
> DISTRIBUTE BY HASH (id) INTO 16 BUCKETS
> TBLPROPERTIES(
> 'storage_handler' = 'com.cloudera.kudu.hive.KuduStorageHandler',
> 'kudu.table_name' = 'my_first_table',
> 'kudu.master_addresses' = 'http://<my node>:8051/masters',

You need to only specify the address and RPC port for your master, not the
web UI's URL. It should be 'kudu.master_addresses' = '<my node>:7051'

Where was it specified with the http URL?

RE: Kudu installation

Re: Kudu installation

Posted by Adar Dembo <ad...@cloudera.com>.

RE: Kudu installation