Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/11/10 09:37:37 UTC

Post 1.5

Master branch is now open again.

Jesús

Re: Post 1.5

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.
OK, I just saw that I do not have to worry anymore about the javadoc. Thanks Julian! :)

Re: Hoisting literals

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
It isn’t, but it would be really useful. I’ve logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-963 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-963> with an outline of how it could be implemented.

Julian

Hoisting literals

Re: Post 1.5

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.

On 11/11/15, 12:45 AM, "Julian Hyde" <jh...@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Nov 10, 2015, at 2:27 PM, Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Julian,
>>
>> I guess it was the excitement about releasing :) Honestly, I did not realize I had to wait 24 hours, sorry about that.
>>
>> * Thanks for the release notes! Thanks also for the instructions in the HOW-TO: they were easy to follow, and I didn't have any major problem.
>> The fact that it was our first release as top-level project didn't change anything; however, the recent changes in the ASF infrastructure did. In particular, I had to generate all the artifacts from my own repository, and then push that to the ASF repository. Should I update the HOW-TO? My understanding is that these restrictions in the ASF infrastructure are temporary, so I do not know if it is worth it. Further, using an external repository (github) to create the release does not seem a very good practice…
>
>I think you should at least add a note, to make it easier for the next release manager. We do not know when the temporary measures will end. It’s easy enough to remove the note.
>
>You don’t need to publish the site with the changed HOWTO - it usually gets published every couple of weeks for some reason or other.
Sure, makes sense: I will add a note shortly.

Thanks,
Jesús

Re: Post 1.5

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.