Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dan tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/01 06:13:26 UTC

Modify all pom.xml files for entired project tree

Hello,
 I have a need to do daily release of my m2 project tree by
  - Walking the entire tree and increament the build number
 (ie x.y.z.buildnumber) in every pom.xml files. (note all pom.xml have the
same version number)
  - Check in all pom.xml files
  - Tag the entire source tree
  - build
  What is the recomendation to modify pom.xml?
Does maven has a facitily to do this, and still reserve all comments in my
pom.xml files?
 Advice is greatly appreciated.
 -Dan

Re: Modify all pom.xml files for entired project tree

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
The release plugin is designed to do this, though it needs to be
adjusted to preserve original POM elements like comments, formatting
and order.

- Brett