Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Ketan Kunde <ke...@persistent.com> on 2017/03/15 13:19:34 UTC

Need help on HAWQ Build

HI,

I am building HAWQ on s390x platform.
I am referring the below link to build and Install
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Build+and+Install

I have been able to configure the HAWQ
I have also started Hadoop hdfs file system
But when I start building HAWQ I get stuck at the below test case.

- GoogleTest check:
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.3/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
  Could NOT find GoogleTest (missing: GoogleTest_CHECK_FINE)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.3/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  CMake/FindGoogleTest.cmake:52 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:23 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Can you help me resolve this

Regards
Ketan

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: Need help on HAWQ Build

Posted by Kyle Dunn <kd...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ketan -

It looks like there is an undocumented procedure on that page for
building/installing Google Test (bundled):

cd depends/thirdparty/googletest
mkdir build
cmake ..
make

Hope this helps.

-Kyle

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:19 AM Ketan Kunde <ke...@persistent.com>
wrote:

> HI,
>
> I am building HAWQ on s390x platform.
> I am referring the below link to build and Install
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Build+and+Install
>

> I have been able to configure the HAWQ
> I have also started Hadoop hdfs file system
> But when I start building HAWQ I get stuck at the below test case.
>
> - GoogleTest check:
> CMake Error at
> /usr/share/cmake-3.3/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148
> (message):
>   Could NOT find GoogleTest (missing: GoogleTest_CHECK_FINE)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /usr/share/cmake-3.3/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388
> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>   CMake/FindGoogleTest.cmake:52 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>   CMakeLists.txt:23 (FIND_PACKAGE)
>
> Can you help me resolve this
>

> Regards
> Ketan
>
> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> mails.
>
> --
*Kyle Dunn | Data Engineering | Pivotal*
Direct: 303.905.3171 <3039053171> | Email: kdunn@pivotal.io

Re: Need help on HAWQ Build

Posted by Xiang Sheng <xs...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ketan,

Long time ago, someone met the same problem with you. Finally he found it's
a cmake version problem. He resolved this problem by upgrade his cmake >=
3.0.  You could refer to this merged pull request.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/678.

Suggestion :
Remember to cc the questioner's email when you replied to the thread.
Maybe someone haven't subscribe to the dev list and he cannot received your
helpful steps.

Regards,
Xiang

--
Best Regards,
Xiang Sheng

Re: Need help on HAWQ Build

Posted by Paul Guo <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ketan,

Re: Need help on HAWQ Build

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Ketan,

I just completed a build of HAWQ on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS. You might find my
notes helpful. I have a few changes in my Fork that allow the build to
complete.  I have been able to successfully run HAWQ's unit tests and hope
to run other functional tests soon.

Regards,
-=e

--
*Ed Espino*

## ======================================================================
## Ubuntu
## ======================================================================

NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="16.04.2 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS"
VERSION_ID="16.04"
HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

## ======================================================================
## Enable ssh
## ======================================================================

sudo apt-get install openssh-server
sudo service ssh status
sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
sudo service ssh restart

## ======================================================================
## Update system
## ======================================================================

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

## ======================================================================
## Retrieve build dependencies
## ======================================================================

apt-get -y install gcc g++ \
                   automake \
                   cmake \
                   flex \
                   git \
                   gperf \
                   libapr1-dev \
                   libbz2-dev \
                   libcurl4-openssl-dev \
                   libevent-dev \
                   libgsasl7-dev \
                   libgss-dev \
                   libjson-c-dev \
                   libjson-perl \
                   libkrb5-dev \
                   libldap2-dev \
                   libpam0g-dev \
                   libperl-dev \
                   libprotobuf-dev \
                   libreadline-dev \
                   libsnappy-dev \
                   libesmtp-dev \
                   libsnmp-dev \
                   libssl-dev \
                   libxml2-dev \
                   libyaml-dev \
                   maven \
                   openjdk-8-jdk \
                   protobuf-compiler \
                   python-dev \
                   zlib1g-dev

## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
## JAVA_HOME
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64

## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
## Setup local directory where dependencies will be built
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPSINSTDIR=/root/deps
mkdir ${DEPSINSTDIR}

## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
## Build HAWQ compatible BISON 2.5.1. The BISON version (3.0.4) in
## supported repositories is incompatible.
##
## http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison/bison-2.5.1.tar.gz
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /root
wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison/bison-2.5.1.tar.gz -O bison-2.5.1.tar.gz
tar xf bison-2.5.1.tar.gz

cd /root/bison-2.5.1
./configure
make
make check
make install

## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
## Although Boost is available in repositories, I took the time to
## identify the minimal components required to build Thrift and
## HAWQ. This is also the latest released Boost 1.63 package.
##
##
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.63.0/boost_1_63_0.tar.gz/download
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /root
wget -nv
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.63.0/boost_1_63_0.tar.gz/download
-O boost_1_63_0.tar.gz
tar xf boost_1_63_0.tar.gz

cd /root/boost_1_63_0
./bootstrap.sh --prefix=${DEPSINSTDIR}
./b2 --with-atomic \
     --with-chrono \
     --with-date_time \
     --with-filesystem \
     --with-iostreams \
     --with-program_options \
     --with-test \
     --with-thread \
      install

## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
## Build Thrift - a pre-built package is not available.
##
## http://www-us.apache.org/dist/thrift/0.10.0/thrift-0.10.0.tar.gz
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /root
wget -nv http://www-us.apache.org/dist/thrift/0.10.0/thrift-0.10.0.tar.gz
-O thrift-0.10.0.tar.gz
tar xf thrift-0.10.0.tar.gz

cd /root/thrift-0.10.0
./configure --prefix=${DEPSINSTDIR} \
            --with-boost=${DEPSINSTDIR} \
            --disable-plugin \
            --with-cpp \
            --without-perl \
            --without-python \
            --without-java
make
make check
make install

## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
## Build from my "ubuntu" fork I hope to create a PR after I run HAWQ
## tests beyond the available unittests (btw: which are passing).
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------

cd /root
git clone https://github.com/edespino/incubator-hawq.git
cd /root/incubator-hawq
git checkout ubuntu

./configure --with-pgport=5432 \
            --with-libedit-preferred \
            --enable-snmp \
            --with-perl \
            --with-python \
            --with-java \
            --with-openssl \
            --with-pam \
            --without-krb5 \
            --with-gssapi \
            --with-ldap \
            --with-pgcrypto \
            --enable-orca \

--with-includes=${DEPSINSTDIR}/include:${DEPSINSTDIR}:/usr/include \
            --with-libraries=${DEPSINSTDIR}/lib:${DEPSINSTDIR}

make

## Run HAWQ unittests and complete installation

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${DEPSINSTDIR}/lib

cd /root/incubator-hawq/src/backend
make unittest-check
make install