Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Owen Griffin <ow...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 11:11:37 UTC

maven-release-plugin, svn and parent pom.xml

Hi,
I'm trying to modify my project so it uses the maven-release-plugin to do
the tagging of my source code for releases.

My folder structure is similar to the following:
parent-project
-pom.xml
-child-project
--pom.xml
--..
-child-project1
--pom.xml
--..

However my subversion repository is laid out with each child-project being
in the same folder as the parent project. E.g.

-parent-project
-child-project
-child-project

So I have each SCM URL set up differently in the child-project pom.xml.
Something like:
<scm>
        <connection>scm:svn:
http://192.168.40.1/svn/project/child-project/trunk</connection>
        <developerConnection>scm:svn:
http://192.168.40.1/svn/project/child-project/trunk</developerConnection>
        <url>http://192.168.40.1/project/child-project/trunk</url>
    </scm>

And also, within the child-project pom.xml I have the following
configuration for the release-plugin
<plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.0-beta-7</version>
                <configuration>
                    <tagBase>
http://192.168.40.1/svn/project/child-project/tags</tagBase>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

However when I run the "mvn release:prepare" goal in the parent project it
tags the parent project but not the child projects. Is it possible to do
this? Or have I configured the setup incorrectly?

Many thanks,

Owen.

--
Owen Griffin

Re: maven-release-plugin, svn and parent pom.xml

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Owen,

I've only ever seen this done with the SCM setup mirroring the local
setup (ie. all projects located beneath the parent within the SCM).  If
you can, it may be worthwhile to move those projects.  I've found that
trying to make Maven (and plugins) behave in a way that isn't "natural"
to them is often a source of great grief.

Dave