Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Yu, Frank" <Fr...@itb.mckhboc.com> on 2000/12/19 18:55:41 UTC

How does JSP/Java Bean call COM objects with IIS via SOAP?

Hello,

I have some problems to call COM objects with IIS server via Java/SOAP. Here
is my situation.

Our system is based on JSP/Java Bean with WebLogic 5.1 with SP6. I have set
up Apache SOAP 2.0 with Weblogic. Both java/SOAP client and server work
fine. I also set up MS SOAP ToolKit, IIS 5.0 and Visual Studio 6.0 with SP3.
the VB samples (came along with the toolkit package) also works.

However, I need use java/SOAP client to call some COM objects via SOAP (not
via CORBA or other methods) so that I can integrate the existing COM objects
into our system. I had downloaded the code from
www.soap-wrc.com/apache_ms_soap_interop.zip but haven't got it work. I am
new to COM and SOAP. Can anyone give me some clue? Your help is highly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank

E-mail: Frank.Yu@itb.mckhboc.com