Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Dean Hiller <de...@alvazan.com> on 2011/07/21 21:23:27 UTC

how to stop the whole cluster, start the whole cluster like in hadoop/hbase?

Is there a framework for stopping all nodes/starting all nodes for
cassandra?  I am okay with something like password-less ssh setup that
hadoop scripts did...just something that allows me to start and stop the
whole cluster.

thanks,
Dean

Re: how to stop the whole cluster, start the whole cluster like in hadoop/hbase?

Posted by Dean Hiller <de...@alvazan.com>.
Yes, I am wondering more about the yaml file and the settings like the
autobootstrap setting and such.

I guess I will find out once they enable my amazon service and I can get
running with it.

NOTE: anyone doing 1.0 or prototype I think constantly uses start/stop whole
cluster to upgrade/install new stuff into all the nodes in cassandra....yes,
we don't plan on using that in production of course as then we would prefer
to do a rolling restart to get new code into the datagrid if needed.

thanks,
Dean

Posted by Eldad Yamin <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.