Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jeremy Wagner <co...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/06 22:40:32 UTC

Options for the C++ broker from the Java broker

Hello all,

I was wondering if there were compatible options for the C++ broker that are specified for the Java broker within the virtualhosts.xml as shown below:

<virtualhosts>
  <default>test</default>
  <virtualhost>
    <name>test </name>
    <test>
      <queues>
        <maximumDeliveryCount>5</maximumDeliveryCount>
        <deadLetterQueues>true</deadLetterQueues>
      </queues>
    </test>
  </virtualhost>
</virtualhosts>

Are there compatible options for maximumDeliveryCount and deadLetterQueues that can be specified in qpidd.conf for the C++ broker?

Thanks!
Jeremy

Re: Options for the C++ broker from the Java broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 08/06/2013 09:54 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the C++ broker can either confirm
> or correct me...
>
> My understandaing is that there isn't currently an equivalent of the
> 'maximumDeliveryCount' functionality.

That is correct, I'm afraid. As yet there is no tracking of the number
of failed deliveries in the c++ broker.

Re: Options for the C++ broker from the Java broker

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the C++ broker can either confirm
or correct me...

My understandaing is that there isn't currently an equivalent of the
'maximumDeliveryCount' functionality. For the 'deadLetterQueues'
functionality, an identical resultant queue and exchange configuration
should be possible using AMQP 0-10 alternate-exchanges, although they
wouldn't actually be used in the same way without the maximumDeliveryCount
functionality.

Robbie