Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by My...@lotus.com on 2001/02/22 19:52:39 UTC

Re: Last Cry For Help: "Could not parse Input XML document!" XMLValid ator. [XalanJ1]

Is there anyway you could try using Xalan2 with the compatibility layer?

Myriam

Daryl Beattie <Da...@screamingmedia.com> on 02/22/2001 11:35:43 AM

Please respond to xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   "'xalan-dev@xml.apache.org'" <xa...@xml.apache.org>
cc:    (bcc: Myriam Midy/CAM/Lotus)
Subject:  Last Cry For Help: "Could not parse Input XML document!" XMLValid
      ator.<init> [XalanJ1]

Dear Xalan developers,

           I hate to ask about this error again, but I ask about it this
time
in a different light.
           I realize that development has slowed on XalanJ1, and that is
understandable. I don't really expect the problem to be fixed that lies
behind the symptoms I am reporting, but I would like to know if there is
anything at all that I can do to get around this problem. Or any reasons
why
this problem might occur. It seems to occur more the more Xalans I have
running at one time.
           It might be worthwhile to note that the Xalans are not sharing
anything but the same JRE and perhaps the same style sheets. No compiled
style sheets are used, they are reparsed every time. The same XSLTProcessor
is used over and over again (it is reset after each use), but never is the
same one being used twice at a time (I don't even know if that is possible
anyway).
           The XML documents, however, are fine. And if I re-run them, they
work.
           This occurs with Xalan 1.1 and Xalan 1.2, and typically on
UNIX/Linux systems (I can't reproduce it on Windows no matter how much I
pummel my system).
           I would greatly appreciate any insight anybody can give. I
really
need to get my system working again, and I have no idea how to make these
errors go away. Also if anybody has any hazy ideas as to what may be
causing
the problem, I would appreciate knowing abuot that too (since I might be
able to figure out how to avoid the problem).

Thank you,

           Daryl.

           The error message:

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: Could not parse Input XML
document!; at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method); at
java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code); at
java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code); at
java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code); at
org.xml.sax.SAXException.<init>(SAXException.java:38); at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPathException.<init>(XPathException.java:92); at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException.<init>(XSLProcessorException.jav

a:90); at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1731); at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(Compiled Code);
at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(Compiled Code); at
com.screamingmedia.contentwriter.SectionThread.primTransform(Compiled
Code);
at com.screamingmedia.contentwriter.SectionThread.doProcess(Compiled Code);
at com.screamingmedia.contentwrit!
er.SectionThread.run(Compiled Code); ---------;
java.lang.NullPointerException; at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.init(Compiled Code); at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.<init>(Compiled Code); at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.<init>(Compiled Code); at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM.<init>(Compiled Code); at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(Compiled Code); at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(Compiled Code);
at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(Compiled Code); at
com.screamingmedia.contentwriter.SectionThread.primTransform(Compiled
Code);
at com.screamingmedia.contentwriter.SectionThread.doProcess(Compiled Code);
at com.screamingmedia.contentwriter.SectionThread.run(Compiled Code)

           Note: Sample XML and XSL files are in previous posts, or mail me
directly and I will resend them to you.