Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Felix Maeder <fe...@wyona.com> on 2003/05/10 17:42:22 UTC

Hard-coded reference within "docs-new"

Hello list,

I wanted to create a new publication based on "docs-new". After I copied
it, I was not able to change the navigation (by changing "site.xml")
until I found out that my new publication was still pulling the
navigation from "docs-new". There seems to be a hard-coded reference to
the site.xml in docs-new, but I was not able to find it. Any help?

Thanks, Felix

Re: Hard-coded reference within "docs-new"

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 06:20:00PM -0700, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>>Felix Maeder wrote:
>>
>>>Hello list,
>>>
>>>I wanted to create a new publication based on "docs-new". After I copied
>>>it, I was not able to change the navigation (by changing "site.xml")
>>>until I found out that my new publication was still pulling the
>>>navigation from "docs-new". There seems to be a hard-coded reference to
>>>the site.xml in docs-new, but I was not able to find it. Any help?
>>
>>The publication ID is hard-coded at several locations.
>>The problem is caused by navigation.xmap. We should try to find a way
>>to avoid the hard-coding, but that will be hard without tweaking the
>>Forrest files too much.
>>
>>A Forrest publication template would certainly improve the situation.
>>We can set it up so that it behaves like Forrest and is compatible
>>with Lenya.
>>
>>The next step could be to incorporate a build target into Forrest
>>that creates this publication template. It would be very nice if
>>the Forrest community could help us taking care of the compatibility
>>between Forrest and Lenya.
>

> What needs doing?  Is a 'Forrest publication template' the same as what
> you get when you type 'forrest seed'?

It would rather be similar to a Forrest web application, with a
few changes in the directory structure, the sitemaps and some
additional files for configuration etc. Also, we need only a
subset of the libraries since most of them come with Lenya.
If you're interested, I will create such a template.

Andreas

Re: Hard-coded reference within "docs-new"

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 06:20:00PM -0700, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Felix Maeder wrote:
> >Hello list,
> >
> >I wanted to create a new publication based on "docs-new". After I copied
> >it, I was not able to change the navigation (by changing "site.xml")
> >until I found out that my new publication was still pulling the
> >navigation from "docs-new". There seems to be a hard-coded reference to
> >the site.xml in docs-new, but I was not able to find it. Any help?
>
> The publication ID is hard-coded at several locations.
> The problem is caused by navigation.xmap. We should try to find a way
> to avoid the hard-coding, but that will be hard without tweaking the
> Forrest files too much.
>
> A Forrest publication template would certainly improve the situation.
> We can set it up so that it behaves like Forrest and is compatible
> with Lenya.
>
> The next step could be to incorporate a build target into Forrest
> that creates this publication template. It would be very nice if
> the Forrest community could help us taking care of the compatibility
> between Forrest and Lenya.

What needs doing?  Is a 'Forrest publication template' the same as what
you get when you type 'forrest seed'?

--Jeff

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.