Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Parker <sc...@cisco.com> on 2000/10/09 18:15:46 UTC

Applet-to-Serlvet under IIS

Now that I have my applet to servlet communications working under Tomcat
(using port 8080 in the URL), I want to be able to access the servlet
without putting the port number in the URL.

For example, I have all of my code under the d:\tomcat\webapps\examples
directory and I have created a virtual directory, examples, in IIS that
points to this directory. Is this necessary?

Do I need to make any changes to the uriworkermap.properties file?  Is so,
what do I need to change?  Do I need to make any changes to the default
server.xml or web.xml files?  If so, what are they?

The Tomcat-IIS-Howto describes using the redirect, but doesn't mention how
to support applet-to-servlet communications.  I don't mind having to put
the port number inside of the applet to communicate directly with Tomcat,
but I was hoping I wouldn't have to.

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Steve

Re: Applet-to-Serlvet under IIS

Posted by Raimee <ra...@sympatico.ca>.
Are you per chance using sessions? If so, did you have any problems with null
sessions?

I am using Win2000 Tomcat 3.1b.