Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org> on 2018/10/10 06:51:42 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Subversion 1.10.3 released

I'm happy to announce the release of Apache Subversion 1.10.3.
Please choose the mirror closest to you by visiting:

    https://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#supported-releases

This is a stable bugfix release of the Apache Subversion open source
version control system.

SHA-512 checksums are available at:

    https://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.10.3.tar.bz2.sha512
    https://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.10.3.tar.gz.sha512
    https://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.10.3.zip.sha512

PGP Signatures are available at:

    https://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.10.3.tar.bz2.asc
    https://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.10.3.tar.gz.asc
    https://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.10.3.zip.asc

For this release, the following people have provided PGP signatures:

Release notes for the 1.10.x release series may be found at:

    https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.10.html

You can find the list of changes between 1.10.3 and earlier versions at:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/tags/1.10.3/CHANGES

Questions, comments, and bug reports to users@subversion.apache.org.

Thanks,
- The Subversion Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Subversion 1.10.3 released

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Julian Foad wrote:
> > I think 'release.py' should error out when it cannot find the signature files.
>
> r1843479.

Thank you!
--
- Julian

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Subversion 1.10.3 released

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.

>>> I think that is the wrong link. It does not point to 1.10.3
>>
>>  Thanks ... you're right. I have now figured out what I did wrong.

The problem was I had changed the 'recommended release' defined in release.py to 1.11, prematurely.

We might want to consider using different link anchors, perhaps that specify the version number directly, because the support status of any particular version can and does change at some time after it was released while readers may still find and follow the link in future. I think that's not a big deal as long as it lands on the 'downloads' page. Of course we should try to avoid the mistake I made, and so have it land on the correct section at the time of the announcement.

Nathan Hartman wrote:
> The list of people who provided PGP signatures in the announcement was empty as well. Not sure if that's correct.

Argh... that wasn't intentional. I ran 'release.py write-announcement --target=X' where X is indeed a WC directory for the release artifacts, but my directory was set to depth=empty at that time, leading 'release.py' to print an empty list.

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.
sebb wrote:
>>     https://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#supported-releases
>
> I think that is the wrong link.
> It does not point to 1.10.3

Thanks ... you're right. I have now figured out what I did wrong.

(Fortunately the correct info is just above that anchor so hopefully the amount of confusion it causes will be limited.)

- Julian

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Subversion 1.10.3 released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.