Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pratik Machchar <pr...@elitecore.com> on 2000/09/08 08:05:52 UTC

Examples of Cocoon

Dear cocoon Users.
Where can I have more examples of cocoon. besides samples direcotry.
thanks In advance

Re: Examples of Cocoon

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Marco Pauck wrote:

> From my own experience trying to dig into Cocoon, I agree that
> comprehensive and real-world examples are extremly helpful and
> considerably lower the learning barrier.

Absolutely!

> Therefore, I suggest to collect each and every single line of code
> that might be helpful as an example or maybe even a real-world
> solution to an actual problem, building a public 'library'.

I just recently supplied a large XSP sample with tutorial-like
documentation. The trap I fell into with it was that I programmed against
JSDK2.0 (as I'm using JServ, not Tomcat) and so it was reported that it
doesn't run with some installations of Tomcat. So, before we start
collecting samples and such we should define one (or more) reference
platforms for cocoon. These should be the platforms that user-contributed
code and, of course, cocoon developer code is tested against. This
includes not only servlet engine and API, but also specific version of
Xerces, Xalan, fop etc. - so there should be well-defined procedures
within cocoon, as to when to upgrade to the newest release of these
"helper" apps.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring