Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alberto Brosich <ab...@ogs.trieste.it> on 2008/02/11 18:49:12 UTC

Strange problem with 2.1.11, tomcat and saxon

I'm using cocoon 2.1.11 with java 1.6. I defined the saxon transformer
and I use it in some pipelines. Running it in the embedded jetty works
all fine but after installing the war under tomcat I get the following
error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown type of result: class
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult

I have to remove saxon8.jar from lib/local to have cocoon working.
Inspecting the stacktrace I see that cocoon use saxon instead of xalan
(I removed any reference to saxon in the sitemap):

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown type of result: class javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult
	at net.sf.saxon.event.SerializerFactory.getReceiver(SerializerFactory.java:186)
	at net.sf.saxon.IdentityTransformerHandler.startDocument(IdentityTransformerHandler.java:95)
	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.startDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:48)
	at org.apache.cocoon.util.location.LocationAttributes$Pipe.startDocument(LocationAttributes.java:307)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startDocument(Unknown Source)

I tried also with saxon9.
Here is the transformer definition in my sitemap:

      <map:transformer name="xslt-saxon" pool-grow="2" pool-max="32"
pool-min="8"
        src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer">
        <use-request-parameters>false</use-request-parameters>
        <use-browser-capabilities-db>false</use-browser-capabilities-db>
        <xslt-processor-role>saxon</xslt-processor-role>
        </map:transformer>

Any suggest?

Alberto

Re: Strange problem with 2.1.11, tomcat and saxon

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Alberto,

this seems to me like a classloading problem. Probably you have
conflicting jars running at the same time in your environment.

Gr.

Reijn