Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Raymond Berg (ALLETE)" <rb...@mnpower.com> on 2008/06/20 19:41:26 UTC

Calling ANT (CVS Task) from Java Missing Path

Greetings,

As part of a larger project I'm trying to invoke ANT from a Java class
using a variation of "Runtime.getRuntime.exec('ant')". However, the java
environment I'm calling from (Oracle Application Server) is not
providing many environmental variables to the ANT runtime. The Ant CVS
Task, as you probably know, requires the os path variable to run CVS.
This is not an option in this case, as the path is not configurable from
the Java runtime.

Is there a way to alter the path without creating a proxy batch file (my
current, extremely fragile solution) or configure a path that the CVS
Task will use to find 'cvs.exe'? I was hoping for a way inside build.xml
to alter the path, which doesn't appear possible

Many thanks,
Raymond