Posted to dev@community.apache.org by ϻǿɧᾷᵯᵯᶐȡ ʂĥ <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2015/03/18 10:10:00 UTC

work with you

Hi guys ,I'm mohammad and I'm from Palestine , i'm Registered in google summer of codeand I am a Java programmerand i want working with you but i'm bad in English , Can I work with you ?

Re: work with you

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please remember that communicating a 2-way street. Obliging the other party
> to comply doesn't help collaboration...

Not sure what you mean...English is the official language on our ASF
lists at the moment, that might be unfortunate but being able to
communicate reasonably in English (or having someone who can help
translate) is a requirement to participate in our projects at the
moment.

Of course you could imagine someone speaking a specific language finds
a mentor who speaks that language and communicates directly with them
but those communications wouldn't be visible to other project members,
which is not good.

-Bertrand

Re: work with you

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Please remember that communicating a 2-way street. Obliging the other party
to comply doesn't help collaboration.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: work with you

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

AW: work with you

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
My personal experience is, that native English speakers excuse "bad English" from non-native speakers, if they try their best.

Jan

Re: work with you

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
One thing you may consider as well is helping out the effort
in Tika to support machine translation. We are working on a
Joshua and Moses based translator and we have plug-ins to the
Google API and to the Bing API and to Lingo24.

I’m sure the Tika community would be happy to help with this -
could be a nice integration with OpenOffice too.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect