Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Edward Siewick <es...@digipro.com> on 2013/03/06 19:24:31 UTC

survey of connector bundles

Hi.

Three questions on connector bundles.

First, is there any reason not to use the more recent versions of LDAP,
SOAP and CSV than what's packaged with the Syncope stable release?

Second, I've collected all the connector bundles I could find to
explore.  Given that most of these are ConnID works, I'm presuming they
should generally work with Syncope. Is this a bad assumption?

Third, are there any others besides what I've found already?

/opt/syncope/bundles # ls -1
org.connid.bundles.ad-1.0.2.jar
org.connid.bundles.csvdir-0.5.jar
org.connid.bundles.csvdir-0.6.jar
org.connid.bundles.db.table-2.1.4.jar
org.connid.bundles.flatfile-1.2.jar
org.connid.bundles.googleapps-1.3.3.jar
org.connid.bundles.ldap-1.3.3.jar
org.connid.bundles.ldap-1.3.4.jar
org.connid.bundles.openam-0.4.jar
org.connid.bundles.soap-1.2.3.jar
org.connid.bundles.soap-1.2.5.jar
scriptedsql-connector-1.1.0.1.jar

Thanks,

Edward Siewick

Re: survey of connector bundles

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 06/03/2013 19:24, Edward Siewick wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Three questions on connector bundles.
>
> First, is there any reason not to use the more recent versions of
> LDAP, SOAP and CSV than what's packaged with the Syncope stable release?

Yes: the connector bundle versions referenced in Syncope 1.0.X (current
stable version) are the most recent certified to work with such Syncope
version.
You can of course try more recent connector bundle versions even tough
you might experience some troubles.

For using the latest connector bundle versions, you should move to
Syncope 1.1.0, that is actually not yet released.

> Second, I've collected all the connector bundles I could find to
> explore. Given that most of these are ConnID works, I'm presuming they
> should generally work with Syncope. Is this a bad assumption?

Not at all.

> Third, are there any others besides what I've found already?

Here is the list of all ConnId connectors available: [1].
Consider that Syncope 1.1.0 is also reported working with OpenICF's
scripted SQL connector bundle [2].

Regards.

[1]
https://github.com/Tirasa/ConnId/blob/master/README.md#available-connectors