Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Michael Remijan <Mi...@solocup.com> on 2002/08/12 15:55:30 UTC

include targets from another build.xml

hi,

I basically want to create a parent-child relationship between one "parent" build.xml file and a number of different "children" build.xml files.  what is the syntax that I would use in the "children" build.xml files to basically include the targets and properties of the "parent" build.xml?

Thanks,
<mike/>

Re: include targets from another build.xml

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
According to the documentation, if you are using the
<ant> task against a second build file, the default is
that properties will be inherited.  Don't know about
inheriting targets, but I suppose the second build
file could recursively invoke the <ant> task against
the first.  I would be careful with this kind of
recursion however.

-Matt

--- Michael Remijan <Mi...@solocup.com>