Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Daniel Haensse <ha...@swissembedded.com> on 2006/07/28 17:22:29 UTC

inputSecret

Dear list,

using
<h:inputSecret value="#{appModel.user.userpass}" redisplay="true" />
invokes the password manager in some browsers. This is used to administrate
user passwords.
Is there a way to influence this within myfaces, that the password manager
does not get triggered, it's annoying to click it away. I don't want to
completely switch the manager off.

regards

Dani

Re: inputSecret

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 7/28/06, Guy Coleman <gu...@prolog.uk.com> wrote:
> You'll probably have to extend the component to set the
> autocomplete="off" attribute in the generated HTML. Note that this is a
> non-standard attribute that only works with certain browsers.
>
> If you're lucky somebody might add this as a feature for t:inputSecret :-)

If you don't want to rely on luck, you can submit a patch for it yourself :)
open source is driven by those who need the functionality :)

Re: inputSecret

Posted by Daniel Haensse <ha...@swissembedded.com>.
Thank you Guy for the quick answer.

--