Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2004/10/12 18:16:42 UTC

Resource Scope

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, David Jencks wrote:
> that's my understanding of the spec.  What does the spec say about
> jsr-77 names for admin-objects? do they include application or module?

	RTFM?  I guess I need to consult the spec.  :)

	I was hoping that it would turn out to be possible to have
"private" resources in an application -- that if you deploy a DB
connection or JMS destination within one app, it shouldn't automatically
be visible to other apps (and likewise for things deployed privately to a
single module).  So I'd hoped we could put the app name and module name in
the ObjectName, and just search all (foo, module/foo, and app/module/foo
or the equivalent) when we're trying to map a resource, and that way
things deployed within other apps wouldn't be in the "search path".

	Of course, nothing's really "private" if you can connect to the
JMX server, but I'm assuming eventually we'll have a password on that, so
a hostile app couldn't just surf the JMX tree and fetch whatever it wants
out of there.

Aaron