Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net> on 2015/10/13 12:50:09 UTC

ConfigurationLogic behavior

Hi all,
I found this "strange" behavior working with ConfigurationService class.

When I try to delete a configuration I get always a valid response also
when the configuration key doesn't exist (while I was expecting a
NotFound error).
Reading the code I found below difference from (1) ConfigurationLogic
and, for instance, (2) SchemaLogic classes:

(1)
@PreAuthorize("hasRole('" + Entitlement.CONFIGURATION_DELETE + "')")
     public void delete(final String schema) {
         confDAO.delete(schema);
     }

(2)
@PreAuthorize("hasRole('" + Entitlement.SCHEMA_DELETE + "')")
     public void delete(final SchemaType schemaType, final String
schemaName) {
         if (!doesSchemaExist(schemaType, schemaName)) {
             throw new NotFoundException(schemaType + "/" + schemaName);
         }

         switch (schemaType) {
             case VIRTUAL:
                 virSchemaDAO.delete(schemaName);
                 break;

             case DERIVED:
                 derSchemaDAO.delete(schemaName);
                 break;

             case PLAIN:
             default:
                 plainSchemaDAO.delete(schemaName);
         }
     }

As you can read the second class has a control on schema existence, the
first one hasn't.
It is the right behavior?

Massi

--
Massimiliano Perrone
Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)

Re: ConfigurationLogic behavior

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.

Il 13/10/2015 15:13, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> [...]
>> following your suggestion I added the check before the delete
>> operation, it seems to work but...
>>
>> But developing the test for it I found that the exception isn't the
>> expected one. As you can read below to catch the exception I added
>> the generic Exception class (3) so, printed the class name, I found
>> that it is a javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException exception (4).
>>
>> Furthermore during the CLI development I had to always catch the
>> WebServiceException exception but, until now, I thought it was the
>> right exception to catch, but now I have some doubts.
>>

>> (3)
>> try {
>>             configurationService.delete("nonExistent");
>>             fail("NOT POSSIBLE");
>>         } catch (SyncopeClientException e) {
>>             assertEquals(Response.Status.NOT_FOUND,
>> e.getType().getResponseStatus());
>>         } catch (Exception e) {
>>             e.printStackTrace();
>>             fail(e.getMessage() + " C " + e.getClass());
>>         }
>>
>> (4)
>> java.lang.AssertionError: Remote exception with status code:
>> NOT_FOUND C class javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException
>
> When throwing NotFoundException form ConfigurationLogic, such
> exception is converted into an HTTP message by
> RestServiceExceptionMapper [3]; moreover, if using SyncopeClient (as
> you're doing), the RestClientExceptionMapper [4] attempts to convert
> the HTTP message back into a Java exception.
>
> The exception you should received from the DELETE invocation (once
> fixed) is exactly the same that you receive when trying to GET an
> non-existing configuration attribute, e.g.
>
> curl -X GET --header "Accept: application/json" --header
> "Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46cGFzc3dvcmQ="
> "http://localhost:9080/syncope/rest/configurations/non-existing"
>
> returns
>
> < HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
> < Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:06:53 GMT
> * Server Apache-Coyote/1.1 is not blacklisted
> < Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> < Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> <
> * Connection #1 to host syncopecore2-tirasa.rhcloud.com left intact
> {"status":404,"type":"NotFound","elements":["NotFoundException:
> Configuration schema caz"]}
>
> which looks fine to me.
>
> Using SyncopeClient:
>
>         try {
>             new SyncopeClientFactoryBean().
>                     setAddress(ADDRESS).
>                     create(ADMIN_UNAME, ADMIN_PWD).
>                     getService(ConfigurationService.class).
>                     get("non-existing");
>             fail();
>         } catch (SyncopeClientException e) {
>             assertEquals(ClientExceptionType.NotFound, e.getType());
>         }
>
> I don't understand why your code is not working in a similar fashion,
> then.
>
> Incidentally, I've noticed that the test
>
> org.apache.syncope.fit.core.reference.ConfigurationITCase.delete()
>
> needs to be adjusted as part of SYNCOPE-707.

Recompiling the code it seems to work as expected. Thanks for the
support, I'm going to push and close the issue.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> [...]
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>             fail(e.getMessage() + " C " + e.getClass());
>         }
>
> (4)
> java.lang.AssertionError: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND
> C class javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException

When throwing NotFoundException form ConfigurationLogic, such exception
is converted into an HTTP message by RestServiceExceptionMapper [3];
moreover, if using SyncopeClient (as you're doing), the
RestClientExceptionMapper [4] attempts to convert the HTTP message back
into a Java exception.

The exception you should received from the DELETE invocation (once
fixed) is exactly the same that you receive when trying to GET an
non-existing configuration attribute, e.g.

curl -X GET --header "Accept: application/json" --header "Authorization:

< Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:06:53 GMT
* Server Apache-Coyote/1.1 is not blacklisted
< Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
<
* Connection #1 to host syncopecore2-tirasa.rhcloud.com left intact
{"status":404,"type":"NotFound","elements":["NotFoundException:
Configuration schema caz"]}

which looks fine to me.

Using SyncopeClient:

         try {
             new SyncopeClientFactoryBean().
                     setAddress(ADDRESS).
                     create(ADMIN_UNAME, ADMIN_PWD).
                     getService(ConfigurationService.class).
                     get("non-existing");
             fail();
         } catch (SyncopeClientException e) {
             assertEquals(ClientExceptionType.NotFound, e.getType());
         }

I don't understand why your code is not working in a similar fashion, then.

Incidentally, I've noticed that the test

org.apache.syncope.fit.core.reference.ConfigurationITCase.delete()

needs to be adjusted as part of SYNCOPE-707.

Regards.

>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/master/core/logic/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/core/logic/RoleLogic.java#L88-L100
>> [2]