Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gautam Joshi <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/30 23:10:26 UTC

OracleConnection

I am facing a problem with Oracle Connections _ Torque.

I get a ClassCastException when I try to create an Array descriptor  Object

Connection dbCon = Torque.getConnection();

oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor ad = oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("A_VARRAY",dbCon);

All other JDBC calls work fine.

Here is my setup in Torque.properties

torque.database.default=default

torque.database.default.adapter=oracle

torque.dsfactory.default.factory= org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1 from dual
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:oracle
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = auser
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = apassword

In the lib I have the following Jar files

commons-dbcp-1.0-dev-20020806.jar

commons-pool-1.0.jar

classes12.jar.

I think the connection returned by the pool cannot be cast into OraceConnection. If anyone knows the resolution to this problem please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Gautam