Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> on 2017/05/11 19:39:06 UTC

Apache Beam Meetup in Bay Area

I'm happy to announce that we'll have our very first Bay Area meetup [1] on
Wednesday, May 24, hosted by the fine folks at Hortonworks.

Abstract:
The world of big data involves an ever changing field of players. Much as
SQL stands as a lingua franca for declarative data analysis, Apache Beam
aims to provide a portable standard for expressing robust, massive scale,
out-of-order data processing pipelines in a variety of languages across a
variety of platforms. Come see how this vision has been realized in the
first stable release of Apache Beam and discuss the challenges which lie
ahead.

Location:
Hortonworks HQ
5470 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA, USA

Agenda:
6:00 pm: Doors open
6:00 pm - 6:15 pm: Networking, Pizza and Drinks
6:15 pm - 6:30 pm: Introduction & Apache Beam release 2.0.0 - Rafael Coss
and Davor Bonaci
6:30 pm - 7:15 pm: Using Apache Beam for Batch, Streaming, and Everything
in Between - Frances Perry
7:15 pm - 8:00 pm: Realizing the promise of portable data processing with
Apache Beam - Davor Bonaci
8:00 pm - 8:45 pm: use case talk - to be confirmed

If you are in the area, please join us -- RSVP now [1].

Davor

[1] https://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-siliconvalley/events/239369704/

Re: Apache Beam Meetup in Bay Area

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.
Just a remainder that this is taking place on Wednesday in the Bay Area.
Hope to see many of you there!

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.