Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2016/06/15 19:01:17 UTC

cutting 1.6.2 rc and 2.0.0 rc this week?

It's been a while and we have accumulated quite a few bug fixes in
branch-1.6. I'm thinking about cutting 1.6.2 rc this week. Any patches
somebody want to get in last minute?

On a related note, I'm thinking about cutting 2.0.0 rc this week too. I
looked at the 60 unresolved tickets and almost all of them look like they
can be retargeted are are just some doc updates. I'm going to be more
aggressive and pushing individual people about resolving those, in case
this drags on forever.

Re: cutting 1.6.2 rc and 2.0.0 rc this week?

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1
Tom

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
This is only my opinion, but, I really do not expect a 1.7.0. I can
imagine a 1.6.3 bug fix release in a few months, but kind of doubt it
would continue much past that.

Posted by Stephen Hellberg <he...@uk.ibm.com>.
Sean Owen wrote

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
Should we backport https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/13424 to 1.6.2 ?

Posted by andy petrella <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 both too
(for tomorrow lunchtime? ^^)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 5:06 AM Raymond Honderdors <
Raymond.Honderdors@sizmek.com> wrote:

> +1 for both

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:23 PM +0300, "Michael Armbrust" <
> michael@databricks.com> wrote:
>
> +1 to both of these!
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:21 PM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> 1.6.2 RC seems fine to me; I don't know of outstanding issues. Clearly
>> we need to keep the 1.x line going for a bit, so a bug fix release
>> sounds good,
>>
>> Although we've got some work to do before 2.0.0 it does look like it's
>> within reach. Especially if declaring an RC creates more focus on
>> resolving the most important blocker issues -- and if we do burn those
>> down before 2.0.0 -- this sounds like a good step IMHO.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> wrote:
>> > It's been a while and we have accumulated quite a few bug fixes in
>> > branch-1.6. I'm thinking about cutting 1.6.2 rc this week. Any patches
>> > somebody want to get in last minute?
>> >
>> > On a related note, I'm thinking about cutting 2.0.0 rc this week too. I
>> > looked at the 60 unresolved tickets and almost all of them look like
>> they
>> > can be retargeted are are just some doc updates. I'm going to be more
>> > aggressive and pushing individual people about resolving those, in case
>> this
>> > drags on forever.

andy

Re: cutting 1.6.2 rc and 2.0.0 rc this week?

Posted by Raymond Honderdors <Ra...@sizmek.com>.
+1 for both

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
+1 to both of these!

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
That's be awesome to have another 2.0 RC! I know many people who'd
consider it as a call to action to play with 2.0.

+1000

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
Mastering Apache Spark http://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

Posted by Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org>.
Any word on Kafka 0.10 support / SPARK-12177

I understand the hesitation, but is having nothing better than having
a standalone subproject marked as experimental?