Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by gkrishna <gk...@interchange.ubc.ca> on 2005/03/05 19:18:29 UTC

FAQ on lenya wiki not clear

i have cocoon (war version 2.0.4) deployed in the tomcat  4.1.31 (at tomcat/webapps/cocoon).

After somedays i configured lenya by downloading cocoon 2.1.6 src and lenya 1.2, followed the installation steps as given in the lenya distribution.

lenya got installed here, tomcat/webapps/lenya

When i tested lenya at http://localhost:8080/lenya

i got,
<-----------------------------------
Initialization Problem
Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

Scheduler with name &apos;Cocoon&apos; already exists.

request-uri

/lenya
------------------->

I think since cocoon 2.0.4 is already deployed it throws this error. When i navigated to localhost:8080/cocoon it was working fine.

faq of lenya says <----

I have already deployed cocoon in my servlet engine. Can I install Lenya in parallel?

Yes you can. You need to make sure to change the hdsqldb port in Lenya's build.properties so that it does not conflict with the port used by cocoon for hdsqldb.

-->

i could'nt find any hdsqldb port mentioned in build.properities in lenya distribution. how to determine the port on which cocoon is running? My understanding of port is 8080.

Please clarify ....

thanks,

Re: FAQ on lenya wiki not clear

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
gkrishna wrote:

> Scheduler with name &apos;Cocoon&apos; already exists.

this is really a cocoon problem:

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:ZN37djUM78YJ:www.mail-archive.com/users%40cocoon.apache.org/msg21417.html+%22scheduler+with+name+cocoon+already+exists%22

> faq of lenya says <----
>
> I have already deployed cocoon in my servlet engine. Can I install Lenya in parallel?
>
> Yes you can. You need to make sure to change the hdsqldb port in Lenya's build.properties so that it does not conflict with the port used by cocoon for hdsqldb.
>
> -->

that was outdated, hsqldb has been removed from lenya.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com