Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/01/06 10:27:43 UTC

Re: [lang] DateUtils

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Sean Schofield <ne...@schof.com> wrote:

> 1) Eliminate getPhaseOfMoon( ) as has already been suggested.  (I
> wonder how the Ant guys were planning on using that)  ;-)

I wanted a specific deprecation warning to say that using a certain
attribute would cause behaviour that depended on the phase of the moon
and then print different log messages after that.  It was voted down
but the method has been kept.

> 2) Rename getDateForHeader( ) to getSmtpDate( ) or something more
> descriptive.

It's the same format HTTP, NNTP and others would use IIRC.

Stefan