Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@skynet.be> on 2003/06/18 00:05:21 UTC

CMS service

Hi All,

One customer of mine gives me more time to work on the CMS service. So,
I made some progress in this area (in point of view installation, small
demo ,bug fixs, code design, CMS user guide and new features). Are you
still interesting to see the code ?  Before sending this more advance
code, I have to work on how to edit XML content. Do you have some
suggestion, preferences in this area ? In my case, we decided to edit
the content from Open office or Word (with a nice XML/RTF converter).
Certainly, this choice is specific to my customer.

What about another kind of XML editor ? I'm thinking about bitflux
(http://bitflux.ch). It is an opensource editor but only working with
Mozilla.
All other ideas are welcome ! Why not to integrate a small open source
HTML editor in the jetspeed demo ?

I know a portal product is dediced to publish content instead of edit
content but I think it is certainly interesting for the jetpseed
community to have all in one plateform for small cases.

Regards,
Christophe

Re: CMS service

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 03:05  PM, Christophe Lombart wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> One customer of mine gives me more time to work on the CMS service.
> So, I made some progress in this area (in point of view installation,
> small demo ,bug fixs, code design, CMS user guide and new features).
> Are you still interesting to see the code ?  Before sending this more
> advance code, I have to work on how to edit XML content. Do you have
> some suggestion, preferences in this area ? In my case, we decided to
> edit the content from Open office or Word (with a nice XML/RTF
> converter). Certainly, this choice is specific to my customer.

I also have a set of interfaces that I am using on a CMS project here.
I will send them to you for review in a few minutes

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software