Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de> on 2018/10/04 19:57:02 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday October 5, 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday, October 5 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:

1. Release Policy Updates
2. JDO-770 "Switch from svn to git" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-770
3. JDO-652 "Provision of a typesafe refactor-friendly query capability for JDOQL" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652
4. Issues with Fix Version JDO-3.2 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JDO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22JDO%203.2%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC>
5. JDO 3.1: Need to go through change lists in JIRA for 3.1 RC1 and 3.1 to prepare JCP Change Log
6. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Jan 18 2018] AI Craig talk to some git/svn Apache experts to get some advice. Specifically, how to preserve the svn history, how to manage the web site.
[Oct 30 2015] AI Craig: File a maintenance review with JCP
[Apr 17 2015] AI Craig: Oracle spec page on JDO need to be updated once the JCP Maintenance Release for JDO 3.1 is published
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-712
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field types
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods. In process.

--
Michael Bouschen
akquinet tech@spree GmbH

E-Mail: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de <ma...@akquinet.de>
Web:   www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de/>

Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 86780 • USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

[Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]
<https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [G+]
<https://plus.google.com/b/111054946250796705170/+akquinet/posts>
[LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/akquinet>

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday October 5, 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Craig Russell

Next meeting: October 31 9:30 AM Pacific

Agenda:

1. Release Policy Updates

2. JDO-770 "Switch from svn to git" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-770

3. JDO-652 "Provision of a typesafe refactor-friendly query capability for JDOQL" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652

In order to run the tck tests for the fluent query, DataNucleus needs to be in the class path when compiling the test classes. The current patch includes this in the maven dependencies. But we also need to consider the case of IUT where the IUT classes need to be in the compile class path.

How to handle the query INTO and RESULT?

If the RESULT is "new LongString((personid, lastname)" we need to specify the result class and the names of the fields as positional constructor parameters.

Similarly, if the INTO is "LongString.class" we need to specify the names of the fields to be mapped.

For both of these, we might add a parameter to the query.result method specifying the class of the result, e.g. LongString.class. Need to make sure this does not conflict with any other overloaded result method.

For mapping the field names we need to provide a list (array) of String to the query. e.g.:

query.ResultMapping(List<String>) specifies name mapping for positional parameters of result constructors.

Or, we can add an "as" method to the query expression taking a String name of the field in the target and returning the expression.

We have the same issue with orderBy with ASC, DESC.

4. Issues with Fix Version JDO-3.2 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JDO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22JDO%203.2%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC>
5. JDO 3.1: Need to go through change lists in JIRA for 3.1 RC1 and 3.1 to prepare JCP Change Log
6. Other issues

Should avg() applied to BigDecimal really return Double?

[...]

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>