Posted to users@maven.apache.org by anilreddy76 <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/12 20:09:17 UTC

Running maven from crontab

I've one shellscript excute.sh which has the maven commands like this

#!/bin/bash

mvn clean package

mvn exec:java
-Dexec.mainClass="com.eportfolio.dart.business.EPenCreateICFCDFFile"

and I'm calling the above script in crontab for every 1 min like this,but
it's not executing.

*/1 * * * * /hosting/pem_rd/DART/DART_ePortfolio_Server/execute.sh >>
/tmp/dart/icfcdf.log

once I just run excute.sh from command line without cron it is fine.

Could any body please advise where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
Kumar

Re: Running maven from crontab

Posted by anilreddy76 <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.Will try it out.

Re: Running maven from crontab

Posted by Refr Bruhl <re...@yahoo.com>.
Sounds like a pathing issue.

I'd make it a script and put the command in a variable
      COM="mvn exec:java
-Dexec.mainClass=\"com.eportfolio.dart.business.EPenCreateICFCDFFile\" 2>&1"

Note the escape marks and the redirect of stderr

The execute it by:
RES=$( ${COM} )

echo "${RES}

That will give you an idea of what's going wrong. If you don't redirect the
output to a file in the cron entry you should get an e-mail from the account
with the infomation that wil ltell you what's bombing