Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> on 2007/06/17 17:27:47 UTC

How to mount repository as a windows drive on vista?

Greetings

After reading the documentation it seems like I should be able to mount
my repository as a "web folder" on windows.  I cant seem to make it
work.  Does anyone have a tutorial or how to on this?  I am serving my
repository via http (apache), I am using 1.4.3.

Thanks
troy

Re: How to mount repository as a windows drive on vista?

Posted by Eric Nicholson <en...@gmail.com>.
> Troy Bull wrote:
> > Greetings
> >
> > After reading the documentation it seems like I should be able to mount
> > my repository as a "web folder" on windows.  I cant seem to make it
> > work.  Does anyone have a tutorial or how to on this?  I am serving my
> > repository via http (apache), I am using 1.4.3.

I think the built in Windows DAV support has some major bugs so it is
not recommended.

Past that, you might look at WebDrive from South River Tech.  We've
been using it for almost a year to provide transparent version control
support to our (in-house) install system.  They have great support,
and reasonable prices.

-Eric

Re: How to mount repository as a windows drive on vista?

Posted by Thomas Harold <tg...@tgharold.com>.
Troy Bull wrote:
> Greetings
>
> After reading the documentation it seems like I should be able to mount
> my repository as a "web folder" on windows.  I cant seem to make it
> work.  Does anyone have a tutorial or how to on this?  I am serving my
> repository via http (apache), I am using 1.4.3.

While I have yet to get it working for us (haven't even started), you
may want to search the list archives for WebDAV and Apache.

(I've been meaning to configure access to our repositories using WebDAV,
but svn+ssh has been working extremely well for us.  Which means it
hasn't been a front burner issue.)