Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kevin Lindsey <ke...@kevlindev.com> on 2002/05/13 21:21:34 UTC

Keyboard Events

One more,

I realize that keyboard events are not part of the DOM Level 2 specification; however, I'm curious if there is a method in Batik that I can use to allow me to capture keyboard events?

TIA,
Kevin
KevLinDev - http://www.kevlindev.com

Re: Keyboard Events

Posted by Kevin Lindsey <ke...@kevlindev.com>.
Thierry,

> My plan is to support both TextEvents (DOM Level 3 Key Events)
> and KeyEvents (DOM Level 2 Working Draft key events) so everybody
> should be happy, I hope.

Sounds like the best of all worlds to me...my Adobe-based SVGs with keyboard
interaction should work in Batik and I get to start playing with the
upcoming standard.  I'll be happy.

> So my answer for this one is 'keep cool' :)

No worries.  I grateful for the Batik team has done so far.

Take care,

RE: Keyboard Events

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
There is no way right now to get KeyEvents in Batik if you are in
ecmascript. You can access to Java AWT keyboard event if your are using
Batik in a Java program.

Even if there is no KeyEvents in DOM Level 2, many SVG developers are using
them and Adobe has implemented them - so I will work on it and add KeyEvents
in Batik soon.