Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 20:40:22 UTC

System Derby Database question

Hi, I'd like to configure and use the Geronimo embedded Derby database
outside the default \var\derby directory, and actually outside the
Geronimo installation directory. Does anyone know if this is possible ??
If so has anyone done this ??

Tim McConnell

Re: System Derby Database question

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Not a problem Luciano, I maybe wasn't as clear as I should have been.
Thanks for the info....

Posted by Luciano Salotto <ls...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
Updated for both 2.1 and 2.2 doc.

See:
[1].
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-databases-in-geronimo.html
[2].
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/configuring-databases-in-geronimo.html

Jeff

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
I'll doc this and post here the linkage.
Thank you all!

Jeff

On Jun 18, 2010 4:00 AM, "Tim McConnell" <ti...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Kevan, this works beautifully -- both relative and explicit locations
!!

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Salotto <ls...@gmail.com>.
You can do that by specifying the path in the connetion string, something
like

jdbc:derby:/path/to/db;create=true

Hope this helps...

Luciano