Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Robby Pelssers, AGP" <ro...@agp.nl> on 2006/10/31 14:20:21 UTC

jx:forEach returns JXTExpression where com.xxxx.Group is Expected

<jx:set var="subGroupIterator"
value="${planboard.analyzer.rootGroup.subGroupIterator(planboard.projectGrou
pRule)}"/>

<jx:forEach var="projectGroup" items="{subGroupIterator}">

  <jx:set value="${java.lang.System.err.println(projectGroup)}"/>

</jx:forEach>

A print of SubGroupIterator results in java.util.AbstractList$Itr@35135a

A print of projectGroup results in
org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$JXTExpression@
<mailto:org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$JXTExpression@89a2d
9> 89a2d9

Anybody who has an explanation??  And solution for my problem :-)

PS.  Even when I don't use the <jx:set var = .../>  construction, but
directly

<jx:forEach var="projectGroup"
items="{planboard.analyzer.rootGroup.subGroupIterator(planboard.projectGroup
Rule)}">
</jx:forEach>

the problem remains the same.

Cheers,

Robby Pelssers

Re: jx:forEach returns JXTExpression where com.xxxx.Group is Expected

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
Robby Pelssers, AGP wrote:
> <jx:set var="subGroupIterator"
> value="${planboard.analyzer.rootGroup.subGroupIterator(planboard.projectGroupRule)}"/>
>

> <jx:forEach var="projectGroup" items="{subGroupIterator}">
>
>   <jx:set value="${java.lang.System.err.println(projectGroup)}"/>
>
> </jx:forEach>
>

> A print of SubGroupIterator results in java.util.AbstractList$Itr@35135a
>
> A print of projectGroup results in
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$JXTExpression@
>

> Anybody who has an explanation??  And solution for my problem :-)
>
> PS.  Even when I don't use the <jx:set var = .../>  construction, but
> directly
>
> <jx:forEach var="projectGroup"
> items="{planboard.analyzer.rootGroup.subGroupIterator(planboard.projectGroupRule)}">
> </jx:forEach>
>
> the problem remains the same.

Not sure what's happening, but I have a couple questions:

1) Which version of JXTemplateGenerator are you using?  The main one in
the core distribution or the new-jx version from the 'template' block?

2) I assume it's a typo, but are you omitting the '$' from the start of
your items="" expression?