Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Amrit Sarkar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/28 14:10:09 UTC

90% heap occupied by CompressingStoredFieldsReader

Hi everyone,

I have a question with respect to
org.apache.lucene.codecs.compressing.CompressingStoredFieldsReader
which at the time of high QPS load run is occupying high heap space, 4-5GB
out of 6 allocated and wanted to enquire if there is something which can be
done to optimise. With the heap dump analysis, it looks genuine for all
requests where stored fields are read.

Looking forward to some suggestions.

Amrit Sarkar
Engineer | Search and Kubernetes
https://seamadic.com/
Twitter https://twitter.com/sarkaramrit2
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarkaramrit2
Medium: https://medium.com/@sarkaramrit2

Re: 90% heap occupied by CompressingStoredFieldsReader

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Does this tie back to a Solr cache? I've seen situations where the document
cache becomes a memory hog with large documents.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/