Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pe...@gmx.net on 2006/07/13 17:33:01 UTC

HowTo configure IP Filter XOR User Login

Hello,

I need to configure two different ways to login to an app. The first one
is an ip filter which lets users with certain ip's enter withouth authentication. The second one is the usual user login. Both authentications
must work on an XOR basis. How can this be done?
I recall in apache httpd there was the famous "satifies" clause.

cheers,
Peter

Re: HowTo configure IP Filter XOR User Login

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I know of nothing built-in to tomcat for that.  You could implement a
request filter to handle the job although it would mean implementing
your own authentication.

--David