Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/07/14 16:40:35 UTC

What is the right procedure of making all mentor to be PPMC

Hi,
    SkyWalking community wants our all mentors to be project PPMCs. Is this default or need a procedure to do so?

Thanks

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

Re: What is the right procedure of making all mentor to be PPMC

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
Hi, Ted

Thanks a lot. I will talk with the community. I think graduation is a good time to do that.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat,Jul 14,2018 11:37 AM
To: general <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: What is the right procedure of making all mentor to be PPMC

At the start of the project's incubation, this can be set up quite
informally by just deciding on a list of initial members.

After the incubation is further along, a bit more formality is a good idea.
At that point, have a vote, proclaim a result and be done. There is no firm
line that determines when more formality is a good thing.

As a project leaves incubation, there is an opportunity to tune the PMC and
committer membership one last time. Commonly a few people will drop out at
that time due to constraints on their time.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Agree with Ted Dunning points.

Generally speaking, as PPMCs, it is easier for mentors to help incubation
project, so I suggest adding it.

Regards
Liang

吴晟 Sheng Wu wrote