Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Sriram Subramanian <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/26 18:54:41 UTC

java.sql.SQLException: Error unmarshaling return

Hi,

I am trying to setup Derby to use the RmiJdbc client / server (http://rmijdbc.objectweb.org/current/RmiJdbc/doc/index.html). Firstly, I'm curious if anybody has ever tried this before. I'm trying this out because there seem to be some licensing issues with using the IBM db2cc driver if u want to run Derby as a network server.

My setup consists of a client which uses the RmiJdbc driver to talk to the RmiJdbc server, and the server in turn talks to the Derby database. During startup, I have the server load the apache derby embedded driver and bind itself to the rmiregistry.

# java org.objectweb.rmijdbc.RJJdbcServer org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

My client program first loads the RmiJdbc driver and then connects to the Derby database with the following URL - jdbc:rmi://localhost/jdbc:derby:testdb. This part goes fine. But if I try to fetch something from the database, I get the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -6688465790235736597, local class serialVersionUID = -8950025864534516143
at org.objectweb.rmijdbc.RJStatement.executeQuery(RJStatement.java:51)
at TestClient.main(TestClient.java:55)

I'm not sure if this is a bug with derby being unable to serialialize database objects, or if something is wrong with my setup? Would really appreciate any suggestions/pointers. btw, I also looked at the Derby network client which is not part of the official derby release yet. But I was not able to get that to work either...

Thanks!
- Sriram

Re: java.sql.SQLException: Error unmarshaling return

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 5/26/05, Sriram Subramanian <sr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> btw, I also looked at the Derby network
> client which is not part of the official derby release yet. But I was not
> able to get that to work either...

Hi Sriram,

I can't help with the RmiJdbc problem, since I have not used RmiJdbc
in a very long time. But could you please post details about the
problems you were having with the Derby network client driver? It
would be nice to fix any such problems before the Derby network client
becomes part of an official Derby release.

Thanks,
andrew

Re: HELP ME UNSUBSCRIBE ME

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/27/05, Stanislav Gromov <gr...@relex.ru> wrote:

> I don't understand something ;-)
> I want to unsubscribe, i wrote message to
> derby-user-digest-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
> and i got message from derby-user-digest-help@db.apache.org with such text
> to this address:
> --------------
> i replied to derby-user-digest-uc.1117094824.dmkehmagcjmdjihlkdbj-gromov=relex.ru@db.apache.org
>
> that's all ;-)
>
>    derby-user-digest-uc.1117094824.dmkehmagcjmdjihlkdbj-gromov=relex.ru@db.apache.org

I see your simlies in there, Stanislav, so I assume you're joking. 8-0

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: HELP ME UNSUBSCRIBE ME

Posted by Stanislav Gromov <gr...@relex.ru>.

Re: HELP ME UNSUBSCRIBE ME

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

HELP ME UNSUBSCRIBE ME

Posted by Tonio <re...@whoopee.it>.
Unsubscribe me, pleaseeeeeeeeee i've tried in so many ways ....
Thanx
Tonio