Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Sergey Korytnikov <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/16 13:24:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-271 Add NetworkClient redirector

Hi devs,

I have created new KIP-271 for discussion:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-271%3A+Add+NetworkClient+redirector
Kafka JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6669

The fix has been implemented and tested with version 1.0 and trunk snapshot
of clients jar.
Changes are available here:
https://github.com/ssbiox/kafka/tree/trunk-redirector
Diff of changes:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/compare/trunk...ssbiox:trunk-redirector

Thank you,
Sergey

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-271 Add NetworkClient redirector

Posted by Sergey Korytnikov <se...@gmail.com>.
Dear devs,

It's been a while since I created KIP-271 and received just a little
feedback. I'm going to start the voting process in a couple of days as I
feel responsible for the KIP created. Community needs to decide whether
the change is viable or not, especially, since kafka 1.0 when the change
has been originally proposed, so that the change has to be retested with
trunk head (> 2.1).

As part of the update from my side, I've added advertised.listeners
proposal as rejected alternative to KIP wiki page.
I still believe Kafka Client should have the flexibility to override the
routing rules in cases when the deployment environment with multiple
Kafka broker instances does not allow to fine tune each replica.

Thanks,
Sergey

Posted by Sergey Korytnikov <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Rajini,