Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Igor Chudov <ic...@Algebra.Com> on 2007/08/01 16:41:18 UTC

zip spams

I am getting stock spams in zip files.

They are a variation of stock spams, are there any rules for them that
I need to know about?

Some time ago, I used to junk all zip files from procmail. I would
like to know how can I write a spamassassin rule to assign a score to
just having a zip attachment.

RE: zip spams

Posted by Suhas Ingale <sp...@qualispace.com>.
How about creating a rule wherein if the email contains attachment and the
body is blank. I need some help I creating this rule.

In an older episode (Friday, 3. August 2007 01:46), Theo Van Dinter
wrote:

> BTW: full rules are horrible.  You want mimeheader (and the
> MIMEheader plugin), part of the standard distribution.

Thanks for the info!

wolfgang

Re: zip spams

Posted by wolfgang <me...@gmx.net>.

Re: zip spams

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are crunchy and good

Re: zip spams

Posted by wolfgang <me...@gmx.net>.
In an older episode (Thursday, 2. August 2007 08:22), wolfgang wrote:
> > I would
> > like to know how can I write a spamassassin rule to assign a score
> > to just having a zip attachment.
>
> Try something like
>
> full    LOCAL_ZIP_ATT         m/Content-(?:Disposition|Type).{1,40}
> (name=\"?.{1,50}\.)?zip\"?/is

That will match zip attachments - If "just having a zip attachment"
means having a zip attachment and and empty body, the above rule alone
will not be what you are looking for. Sorry if I misunderstood your
question.

wolfgang

Re: zip spams

Posted by wolfgang <me...@gmx.net>.
In an older episode (Wednesday, 1. August 2007 16:41), Igor Chudov
wrote:

> I would
> like to know how can I write a spamassassin rule to assign a score to
> just having a zip attachment.

Try something like

full    LOCAL_ZIP_ATT         m/Content-(?:Disposition|Type).{1,40}
(name=\"?.{1,50}\.)?zip\"?/is

That is one line, no whitespace between "m/" and "/is" (no matter what
out email clients make of it).

Regards,

wolfgang