Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Vasanth Mathivanan <va...@evolutiondigital.com> on 2017/11/17 06:32:10 UTC

Traffic Ops config

Hi,

Any one Explain which one add first in My Console of Traffic ops then how communicate this & which one is important field in Ops dashboard….And How configure Mid & Edge server in Traffic Ops & All other Components

Thanks & Regards

Vasanth M

RE: Traffic Ops config

Posted by Vasanth Mathivanan <va...@evolutiondigital.com>.
Hi,

I need astats_over_http*.rpm

Thanks & Regards
Vasanth M

________________________________
Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
Also-
  Apologies for spamming the traffic server list with this.

Can you please move this email thread over to users@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org<ma...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>  as that is the appropriate mailer for this conversation

Thanks,
Eric

On Nov 20, 2017, at 9:50 AM, Eric Friedrich (efriedri) <ef...@cisco.com>> wrote:

Hey Vasanth-
  Here is documentation on the various delivery service fields: https://trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/admin/traffic_ops/using.html#delivery-service

Some more detail (going from memory so I might miss a detail here or there)
  1) In Traffic Ops go to Delivery Service page and click the button to create a new DS.
  2) Fill in the fields based on your settings and use cases. Most people want an HTTP delivery service for caching VOD content.
  3) Fill in Origin Server Base URL and some of the other fields
  4) For the Regex, enter something like “.*\.vod\..*” (without the quotes). This will give you client URL of “http://tr.vod<http://tr.vod/>.<cdn_domain_name>/<content path>”
  5) Set Active=Yes
  6) Click Save, and then click Assign servers button
  7) In the dialog that pops up, choose which servers should provide the DS. For first time setup, check all the boxes and click save.

—Eric

Also you can check in on Slack (https://traffic-control-cdn.slack.com<https://traffic-control-cdn.slack.com/>) or continue on this email thread with any specific questions and we will help you work through them

Re: Traffic Ops config

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
Hey Vasanth-

  4) For the Regex, enter something like “.*\.vod\..*” (without the quotes). This will give you client URL of “http://tr.vod.<cdn_domain_name>/<content path>”