Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com> on 2018/03/17 09:19:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.4.0, release candidate #3

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the version 2.4.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint BDC9 89B0 1BD2 A463 6010 A1CA
8F15 5E09 610D 69FB [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.4.0-RC3" [5],
* website pull request listing the release and publishing the API reference
manual [6].
* Java artifacts were built with Maven 3.2.5 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_112.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].

The validation spreadsheet is available at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit?ts=5a1c7310#gid=1663314475

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
- Robert

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12342682&projectId=12319527
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.4.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1031/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.4.0-RC3
[6] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/398

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.4.0, release candidate #3

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

I did some more manual validation myself, the burn-down list is empty, and
I the artifacts should be correct (though it feels odd to validate that
myself, as I'm the one who created them).

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
+1.

Posted by Alan Myrvold <am...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
+1 Thank you Robert.

Posted by Konstantinos Katsiapis <ka...@google.com>.

Posted by Charles Chen <cc...@google.com>.
+1.  Verified the Python Quickstart on local and Dataflow (Mac / Linux).
Also verified that the Mac / Linux wheels were built correctly with fast /
compiled Cython coder support.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Verified on beam samples (Java) with spark, direct and flink runner. No major change regarding execution time with nexmark.

Thanks
Regards
JB

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.