Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Amit Jain <am...@apache.org> on 2015/08/04 05:36:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.18 released

The Apache Jackrabbit community is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.18. The release is available for download at:

  http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

See the full release notes below for details about this release.

Release Notes -- Apache Jackrabbit Oak -- Version 1.0.18

Introduction
------------

Jackrabbit Oak is a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content
repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class
web sites and other demanding content applications.

Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.18 is a patch release that contains fixes and
improvements over Oak 1.0. Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.x releases are considered
stable and targeted for production use.

The Oak effort is a part of the Apache Jackrabbit project.
Apache Jackrabbit is a project of the Apache Software Foundation.

New configuration options in Oak 1.0.18

Support for pre extracting text to speed up reindexing has been added in
OAK-2892
For more details refer to
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/lucene.html#text-extraction

For DocumentNodeStore based deployments a new MapFactory implementation has
been introduced and can be enabled with -Doak.useHybridMapFactory=true
See OAK-3112 for details.

Changes in Oak 1.0.18
---------------------

Bugs

    [OAK-1842] - ISE: "Unexpected value record type: f2" is thrown when
FileBlobStore is used
    [OAK-2567] - AsyncIndex should update the run status after the merge
has completed
    [OAK-3091] - Remove duplicate logback-classic dependency entry from
oak-lucene pom
    [OAK-3098] - CopyOnWrite might block Async indexer thread indefinitely
    [OAK-3099] - Revision GC fails when split documents with very long
paths are present
    [OAK-3101] - wrong use of jcr:score in Solr when sorting
    [OAK-3103] - Stale document in MongoDocumentStore cache
    [OAK-3105] - SegmentWriter doesn't properly check the length of
external blob IDs
    [OAK-3106] - DocumentStorePerformanceTest collects duplicate ids to
remove
    [OAK-3110] - AsyncIndexer fails due to FileNotFoundException thrown by
CopyOnWrite logic
    [OAK-3112] - Performance degradation of UnsavedModifications on MapDB
    [OAK-3124] - SolrServerProviderService should provide index / search
specific servers
    [OAK-3130] - ReferenceEditor may not enforce referential integrity
    [OAK-3155] - AsyncIndex stats do not capture execution for runs where
no indexing is performed
    [OAK-3164] - MemoryNodeStore issues duplicate checkpoint
    [OAK-3167] - [Blob GC] Wrong time units for blobGcMaxAge are passed
from SegmentNodeStoreService

Improvements

    [OAK-2292] - Use ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer for remote updates
    [OAK-3093] - Update H2 dependency to recommended minimum version
    [OAK-3107] - SegmentWriter should be able to store blob IDs longer than
4096 bytes
    [OAK-3129] - SolrQueryIndex making too many Solr requests per jCR query
    [OAK-3135] - Solr index should not be used for path/pt restrictions only
    [OAK-3142] - All children path and primary type restrictions should be
converted to filter queries
    [OAK-3147] - Make it possible to collapse results under jcr:content
nodes

New Features

    [OAK-2892] - Speed up lucene indexing post migration by pre extracting
the text content from binaries

Sub-task

    [OAK-2953] - Implement text extractor as part of oak-run
    [OAK-3096] - RDBDocumentStore: improve diagnostics for failed batch
inserts
    [OAK-3108] - RDBDocumentStore: improve diagnostics for failed
inserts/updates caused by long data
    [OAK-3114] - RDBDocumentStore: add BDATA DDL information to startup
diagnostics

In addition to the above-mentioned changes, this release contains
all changes included in previous Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.x releases.

Please note, the backported RDB support for the DocumentNodeStore is
considered
experimental at this point and is not yet ready for production use. Feel
free
to try it out and report any issues you may see to the Oak developers.

For more detailed information about all the changes in this and other
Oak releases, please see the Oak issue tracker at

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK

Release Contents
----------------

This release consists of a single source archive packaged as a zip file.
The archive can be unpacked with the jar tool from your JDK installation.
See the README.md file for instructions on how to build this release.

The source archive is accompanied by SHA1 and MD5 checksums and a PGP
signature that you can use to verify the authenticity of your download.
The public key used for the PGP signature can be found at
http://www.apache.org/dist/jackrabbit/KEYS.

About Apache Jackrabbit Oak
---------------------------

Jackrabbit Oak is a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content
repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class
web sites and other demanding content applications.

The Oak effort is a part of the Apache Jackrabbit project.
Apache Jackrabbit is a project of the Apache Software Foundation.

For more information, visit http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak

About The Apache Software Foundation
------------------------------------

Established in 1999, The Apache Software Foundation provides organizational,
legal, and financial support for more than 140 freely-available,
collaboratively-developed Open Source projects. The pragmatic Apache License
enables individual and commercial users to easily deploy Apache software;
the Foundation's intellectual property framework limits the legal exposure
of its 3,800+ contributors.

For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.18 released

Posted by Amit Jain <am...@apache.org>.
We have 2 branches currently 1.0.x and the 1.2.x with 1.2.x being the
newer. So, it is correct, 1.2.3 is the latest production stable code.
This specific announcement is for the 1.0.18 release from the maintenance
1.0 branch.

Thanks
Amit

Posted by Clay Ferguson <wc...@gmail.com>.